- Mission, Vision, History
- Goals & Objectives
- Helping women get A Step Ahead
- A Step Ahead Foundation 2011-2012 Evaluation Tracking Report
- A Different Kind of Work - LARC
- Three Tips for Moms-To-Be
- Getting the Facts Straight
- Women Recognized At A Step Ahead Scholarship Program
- The Beginning of A Step Ahead
- Is teaching about birth control condoning early sexual behavior?
- Participating Clinics
Our Mission: Empower women to reach their life goals, reduce unplanned pregnancy and eliminate barriers to accessing long-acting, reversible birth control.
A Step Ahead Foundation of East Tennessee provides free birth control and transportation to any woman seeking long-acting, reversible birth control.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don't have insurance?
What if I have insurance?
Our partner health center will bill your private insurance first, but we will pay any co-pay and/or deductibles for Knox County residents. There will be no out of pocket costs to any of our patients.Get More Answers »
What does the appointment include?
With any appointment for free birth control, we provide a free woman's health screening including a pregnancy test and STD test. If you are over 21, you will also receive a free pap test.Get More Answers »